|Kirkliston||Monday to Friday||08:30 to 18:30|
|Saturday||08:30 to 13:00|
|Linlithgow (branch)||Monday to Friday||09:00 to 10:30 & 17:00 to 18:30|
|Saturday||09:00 to 10:30|
All consultations are by prior appointment, unless in true emergency. Where possible we will accommodate requests for appointments with specific vets but this may not always be possible.
Routine surgery is performed Monday to Friday. Estimates for routine procedures are available on request.
It is the responsibility for the owner of any animal to arrange for transport to the surgery either in a routine or emergency situation.
Out of Hours, Emergency Care and Hospitalisation.
We run our own Out of Hours Emergency Service for clients that are normally registered with ourselves. This service is provided at our Kirkliston Surgery. Our premises are not routinely manned 24 hours a day so if hospitalisation is required overnight checks will be made as deemed appropriate by the on-duty vet. If 24 hour care is required then an external referral can be made on request. Examples of initial fees for out of hours work are set out below.
In some circumstances we may recommend, or the owner of an animal may request, for veterinary attention to be provided by a third party. This may be for specialist procedures, opinion or emergency care. There is an administrative fee for this as set out below. We take no responsibility for the actions or advice given by any third party.
Written prescriptions for Prescription Only Medicines Veterinary (POM-V) are available on request for animals that are under our care and can be used to obtain medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy. Animals requiring repeat prescriptions must be seen at least every 3 months. Consultation and prescription charges are set out below.
In most circumstances the interests of an animal will be best served by being brought to the practice where there is a full range of equipment, medicines, facilities and personnel. In some circumstances, however, it may be appropriate to arrange for a vet to visit your premises during normal working hours (such as for euthanasia, assessment of very stressed animals or if transport to the practice is not possible). The cost of this will be in excess of standard fees and will be available on request.
We are able to undertake Official Veterinary duties for companion animals. We would always recommend the use of a dedicated export company who will provide you with guidance and a schedule of requirements prior to export. We request that you familiarise yourself with these requirements, communicate them to us in advance and on the day, present your pet at the appropriate time for the appropriate action and with the appropriate supporting documents at each step. Failure to do so may result in delays and extra costs for which we accept no liability.
We will be happy to give estimates for any work before it is undertaken. Due to the nature of veterinary work it is possible that the final cost will vary from any estimate given.
Payment for all goods and services is required at the point of purchase. This is irrespective of insurance status. If payment is not made we reserve the right to employ a debt collection service.
Insurance claims will incur a non-recoverable processing fee to cover our administration costs.
All consultations are charged irrespective of whether an animal or condition has been seen before.
Some example fees are as follows. We reserve the right to change fees at any time.
Standard consultation (any condition not seen within 3 months):
Follow on consultation (any condition seen within 3 months):
Out of hours consultation:
Out of hours consultation (11pm to 7am):
Out of hours nursing provision if required in addition to above:
Prescription fee (first item):
Prescription fee (additional item):
Products and additional services will be charged in addition to the consultation fees.
We care about our patients, our clients and our service. If you feel that we have not provided the quality of service expected then please contact us by phone (0131 333 3203), email (email@example.com) or by post (The Directors, Mackie & Brechin Ltd, 29 Main Street, Kirkliston, EH29 9AE).
PRESCRIPTIONS – FURTHER INFORMATION
- Prescriptions are available from this practice.
- You may obtain Prescription only Medicines Veterinary (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy.
- Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care.
- A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or immediate treatment is necessary.
- You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medicine that may be dispensed for your animal.
- The general policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring repeat prescriptions every 3 months, or sooner as appropriate. The standard charge for a re-examination is £25.34.
- The cost for a written prescription is £17.26 for the first item and £11.51 for each additional item. The prescription will last for one month and can be repeated twice giving three months medication in total, other than for controlled medicines for which repeats are not allowed.
- Further information on the prices of medicines is available on request.